Service Your Car for Back-to-School
When it is time for back-to-school, it’s time to make sure that your vehicle is ready for the harsh demands placed upon it during a school year. Whether you’re driving your kids to school everyday – or you are the kid that drives himself/herself to school everyday – there is some vehicle prep you should keep in mind. Lancaster Toyota is proud to provide you with the best tips to service your car for back-to-school.
As the semester starts, consider these vehicle maintenance recommendations:
- Test that you battery, brakes, and tires are all in proper working condition.
- If there are any dashboard lights that you have been ignoring, figure out what they mean and address them as soon as possible.
- Check that your lights are working well, especially in the back, where you may otherwise not notice them.
- Grab your owner’s manual and see what it advises for routine maintenance, which is different for every vehicle.
- If you haven’t practiced in a while, brush up on your memory of how to safely change a tire and how to safely utilize jumper cables.
- Additionally, double check that you have an inflated spare tire, the tools to replace a flat tire, and jumper cables at the ready.
- Be sure that you have plenty of windshield wiper fluid ready to be used and that your windshield wipers themselves are functional.
- If you are a college student taking your vehicle to school for the first time, secure some sort of parking pass and get in contact with a mechanic in your area.
- Lastly, stock your vehicle with a top-notch first-aid kit and plenty of fresh water. If you drive kids to school, consider packing some nonperishable snacks and toys.
For more information on how to get your vehicle ready for back to school season, or – of course – to start the school year out behind the wheel of a brand new vehicle, contact us or visit our Service Department anytime, right here at Lancaster Toyota.